UNIZEN WEEKLY PULSE #12
Edition 12: 18th February, 2022
Message from Martin Granström, Chief Technology Officer, Unizen
In this edition of the Weekly Pulse I would like to directly address the community around the forthcoming launch of the Unizen Multi-Chain Bridge.
As a team we understand that the Unizen Bridge is now slightly delayed versus our planned timelines, and we wanted to update the community on the reason for the delay and outline the work the team are doing around the clock to expedite the launch.
During the final stages of testing as we prepared for public release, we identified that in certain edge cases, a user could trigger a race condition. Race conditions are a relatively common issue that can occur when two processes, or threads, attempt to access the same resource at the same time and could potentially trigger isolated issues in the system.
Whilst this eventuality was unlikely and it would in no way jeopardize user funds, it may have generated a lot of questions from users, and was an issue which could be addressed by our team prior to release. Our development team have chosen to address the issue prior to moving forward with the public release.
In order to resolve this problem, our development team had to make changes to the backend and in doing so, we extended the audit timeframe slightly. This fix has been implemented and we’re now working with the Halborn team to conduct a final review for the bridge and move forward with the subsequent release.
Whilst our team are eager to move to public release we would request your understanding as our priority is always to ensure the released products meet the highest standards of user experience. The community should expect to receive an update shortly, once the final review with the Halborn team is complete.
ZenX Spotlight: Dimitra focus on ESG
Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) criteria are a set of standards for a company’s operations. ESG factors cover a wide spectrum of issues that have traditionally been excluded from financial analysis but can provide more comprehensive assessment and continuous improvement on central factors that measure the ethical impact and sustainability of a company.
Typical areas of focus within ESG include:
- Climate change
- Resource management and depletion
- Waste and pollution management
- Working conditions, including use of child labor
- Local communities
- Health and safety
- Employee relations and diversity
- Executive pay
- Political affiliations and donations
- Board composition, diversity, and structure
- Tax strategy
As a leading AGtech innovator, Dimitra is sharpening its mission to focus on pioneering the ESG agenda on a global scale.
As an ESG-focused agricultural technology company Dimitra is strategically delivering blockchain, mobile, machine learning, AI, IoT devices, satellite, drones, sensors, genomics, and advanced farming research.
Food security is a global issue, one which Dimitra aims to solve through sustainable agriculture. Dimitra’s platform is designed to make the world better in the lives of smallholder farmers across the globe.
Agricultural Technology is often unaffordable for farmers. Those who need it most don’t have access to technology and data driven solutions.
There is a need for “smart agriculture” solutions designed to enhance food security through sustainable agriculture; engage current and next generation farmers and drive economic development by transforming subsistence farming into profitable, economically viable businesses.
The Dimitra Solution enables
- Education of the global farming community on agricultural and livestock best practices for a healthier world
- Simplify technology adoption to empower farmers to make data driven decisions
- More data, better education, increased yields, and product quality
- Deliver data to developing nations to grow their agriculture markets
The platform integrates a series of advanced technologies that provide farmers with actionable data to fundamentally improve their operations across several financial and sustainability metrics. Dimitra is working to enrich farming economies, through increased crop yields, healthier livestock, and improved incomes for farmers.
With contracts to deliver the Dimitra platform to 18 million users with governments, NGOs, and Farming Associations in: India, Nepal, Brazil, Uganda, Bangladesh, and Papua New Guinea and furthermore Dimitra is in advanced negotiations with 20 other countries and is actively pursuing deals in 75.
As some context to how Dimitra is deploying its technology into developing countries:
- Deploying Dimitra’s “Connected Farmer” platform to 2 million farms for soil organic carbon assessment and remediation (one of the largest soil reclamation initiatives in the world)
- Implementing Dimitra’s SaaS model through a local commercial partnership with one of the country’s largest seed and fertilizer companies, v2.0 to release on April 4th
- Introducing digital technologies, regenerative crop and livestock methods, and sustainable agricultural practices for 400,000 farmers
- Transforming high-value Nepalese tea and cardamom industries and developing export track and traceability programs to improve the agro-value supply chains for international export markets
- Partnering with the Brazilian Association of Fruit Producers and Exporters to increase efficiency in logistics & export, traceability, and pest detection
- Impacting over 85% of total fruit exported by Brazil and more than 2.5 million hectares planted area (Brazil is the third largest fruit producer in the world)
- Implementing and integrating Dimitra genetics and livestock information management system that is shared between four East African nations
- Integrating historical genetic data of cattle parentage and performance data of various genotypes
- Developing a custom crop, chemical, phytosanitary and fertilizer management system for the Ministry of Agriculture
The launch of the Unizen Multi-Chain bridge will act as a pre cursor to a series of forward releases to expand utility of the Unizen Ecosystem.
This includes amongst others the launch of new DMAS pools, the launch of the ZCX trading pairs and a the broader rollout of trading pairs and options on the exchange itself.
Whilst we understand the frustration of a slightly delayed launch, we look forward to rapidly expanding the ecosystem functionality and user experience in the coming weeks and we thank the community for their patience.
The Unizen Ecosystem is housing and aggregating trades across trusted first- and third-party exchange modules to enable a ZEN state of mind for traders.
Unizen is the first CeDeFi exchange to combine the functionality of first-party and third-party CEX’s and DEX’s in order to meet the needs of both retail and institutional traders. Unizen Exchange is able to find the most cost- efficient trades across a multitude of exchange modules, including Binance, to provide the best offers, reliable performance, and a secure environment for high-volume trading. All in one seamless user experience.