Weld Money AMA with Unizen
25th May, 2022 with Alexey Bobok and Iryna Lorens
Weld Money: a transparent bridge between two worlds creating an opportunity for fast-growing digital assets to become part of the payment world today building an affordable, easy and legal way to pay.
Q1. Please introduce yourself and your team to our community.
Alexey:. Hey, I’m Alex Bobok, Co-Founder and Managing Partner. My zones are Product Development, Operational Execution and IT.
Iryna: I am Iryna Lorens, Crypto Queen (!), Weld Money CBDO and Co-Founder
Q2. Can you briefly describe Weld Money?
We would like to know more about it, and how it works.
Iryna: Weld Money is a project that aims to bridge the crypto world with traditional finances! We created a seamless payment solution for regular daily expenses with minimal commissions backed by any crypto wallet💳
Alexey: Using mobile crypto bank Weld Money will allow issuing a plastic card available in several levels, including the premium one. Using a card or an application on your smartphone, you can pay with fiat currencies in retail networks or online stores!
Initially, after setting up the card, you link the card balance with your crypto exchange!
Q3. Since Weld has a strong presence in Eastern Europe; Every project has a story behind their name, Can you tell us more about the story behind this? Who are the team behind this project?
Can tell us the background?
Alexey: “Weld Money” derivative from “welding”- the process of forming an inseparable connection between materials during their heating.
Iryna: “Weld Money” — is about welding of money! The seamless gateway of fiat and crypto assets! We made a seamless gateway to these two worlds! This is what came up with the idea of creating a naming project. Also, it is worth noting that our abbreviated logo “we” — this is about all of us.
That’s why we write in lower case and use pink and blue colors, as we do not divide people, we do not do segmentation. “welding” / “we”
Q4. Let’s discuss the competitive landscape and utility of $WELD token in the next few questions. What are the Weld Money killer features you’re trying to bring to life?
Iryna: Firstly, all crypto wallet holders in CIS countries are united by one unsolved problem. They don’t have an easy way to use cryptocurrency to pay quickly for conventional goods or services! Considering this, our key feature is the ability to solve this problem of crypto users from CIS!
Besides, here are some more advantages of the Weld application:
- Seamless integration with ApplePay/GooglePay
- Tax-free crypto transactions on the go (no VAT and other taxes on conversion)
- Transparent pricing, no hidden fees. You pay for what you use.
- 360 view on personal finance — one app to manage everything (fiat cards/crypto wallets).
- Secure and transparent financial flow
- Convenience — the ability to add any wallet from a third-party service or crypto exchange
- Traditional payment method — payment by Visa/Mastercard (GooglePay/ApplePay).
- Security — Fully PCI DSS compliant solution
Alexey: And our mission — to connect the world of cryptocurrencies with traditional finance! We create an opportunity for fast-growing digital assets to become part of the payment world today.
Q5. WELD’s sole competitors (Crypto.Com and Swipe) have distinct extra incentives such as membership rebates and cashback on purchases. What unique benefits is WELD planning to offer in order to increase its market share from where it is now?
Alexey: First of all we are a All-in-one solution to pay from any your CEX wallet. One card connected to tons of CEXes. You don’t store money anywhere except your trusted CEX wallet.
Weld Money offers:
- Availability for CIS Clients
- Supporting most popular exchanges
- No need to switch to a solution wallet
- No need to deposit crypto funds in advance Payment card
- Visa/MC Premium Services
Q6. Is the product of the project a CARD or a TOKEN?
Q7. WELD token: what is its impact on the development of the card product? And most importantly — is there a connection between them for the user? Which exchanges are integrated into the Weld Money?
Iryna: Of course! How we said our product are interconnected. There will be a number of benefits for everyone token holder when using the weld card. Users may use WELD Tokens for fees and discounts on the WELD products and services including but not limited to:
- Cashback (Get instant cashback in weld tokens for payments)
- Level up (Level up your card and unlock new features)
- NFT (Buy and set your unique digital NFT skin to weld card)
- Fees (Reduce processing fees)
- Limits (Increase daily and monthly limits on your expenses)
- Staking (Buy and stake weld tokens and get rewards in WELD)
Regarding to exchanges which are integrated into the Weld Money : Bitmart, Bitrue, Kuna, FTX, Huobi, WhiteBIT!
Alexey: +Binance and 3 more in integration (i.e Gate)!
Q8. What are the benefits of using a weld card? Is it really unique? In which regions the card can work? And what payment systems does the card support? Everybody was DM’ing me about Regions.. so it is an important question!
Alexey: Now it’s Eastern Europe! And we support VISA and MasterCard cards which work all over the world! About the uniqueness of the card — Commissions up to 3% per transaction! But for token holders we reduce fees.
Benefits and perks of weld card :
- Cashback per turnover (Instant cashback from your purchases up to 9%)
- Manage your investment portfolio (create and manage your own investor portfolio in the WELD app)
- Choose a bank convenient for you (Open bank accounts in different jurisdictions)
- Family cards (Control your child’s expenses with family cards)
- Split payments (Split payments with your friends)
- Several types of deposit (Choose your deposit type)
- Scheduled payments (Send recurring payments automatically)
- Various use cases (Use all types of digital assets: crypto, gaming and streaming balances)
- Customize your cards appearance (Create an individual card design, including using fragments of NFT art
- PFM — Personal Financial Management (Improve your financial literacy with Weld Money)
- Deposits with income in cryptocurrency (Favorable deposit conditions for token holders)
Q9. Weld Money’s mission is to connect the two worlds with a transparent bridge. Detail your ideas on why this is possible and whether it will not be “limited?
Alexey: Because the target audience of our product dreams of it! The whole world is talking about it, and some are already doing it.
Our technology is unique! And we are proud to be a Ukrainian company that has already launched such a product!
An example is our UNCHAIN Help Card:
Weld Money technologies have become a platform for launching a crypto-card Unchain Help Card in Ukraine.
- The first charitable cryptocurrency card in the world
- Quickly receive financial assistance from Unchain Fund
- Help Ukrainian women with children
- Like an ordinary virtual MasterCard
- Easy and ready to use
All about Unchain Fund!
Ukrainians received 💸200 million UAH of humanitarian aid thanks to the technology of the our Weld Money startup.
1️⃣ The victim can get a UNCHAIN Help Card from Weld Money in a few steps
2️⃣ Then the Unchain Fund credits the donation card
3️⃣ After which the funds can be spent using contactless payment via Google / Apple Pay
4️⃣ At the time of payment, the bank releases the fiat transaction into an overdraft (interest-free loan), and Weld immediately converts the required amount from the cryptocurrency.
More details in this article .
Neon: Thank you @RNLRNS @alexeybobok for attending the AMA. It was a pleasure hosting you!
James, Unizen CBDO: We are proud to announce Weld Money is now part of ZenX portfolio and we will be supporting Weld Money with incubation and acceleration services.
We are working with Weld Money on a deeper collaboration for Unizen Card as well to provide exposure into the broader ZenX Ecosystem.
The Unizen Ecosystem is housing and aggregating trades across trusted first- and third-party exchange modules to enable a ZEN state of mind for traders.
Unizen is the first CeDeFi exchange to combine the functionality of first-party and third-party CEX’s and DEX’s in order to meet the needs of both retail and institutional traders. Unizen Exchange is able to find the most cost-efficient trades across a multitude of exchange modules, including Binance, to provide the best offers, reliable performance, and a secure environment for high-volume trading. All in one seamless user experience.